Starting the New Year off right, I am promising myself that I will take control of my health and start by eating better! I am going to eat more whole foods, organic when I can and remove as much process foods and sugars from my diet. With this promise to myself I purchased an online program that covers using food to help heal many of my stomach issues (IBS, gluten allergy and diverticulitis). I am going to share some of the recipes that I have really enjoyed in the cookbook. To see my video and subscribe to my YouTube channel please visit here: Embellish Life on YouTube. Here are the ones covered in my video today:
Many of the foods in the cook book start out with a base of Bone Broth (either chicken or beef). Here is the recipe for Chicken Bone Broth
Chicken Bone Broth
• Chicken necks, backs or a whole Roasting Chicken (Free Range Organic preferable)
• Garlic cloves, smashed
• Carrots, cut into chunks
• Onions, cut into chunks
• Spinach or Swiss chard
• 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 Bay Leaves
• Sea Salt and Pepper
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients with enough water to completely cover chicken. Cook on high and allow to simmer for 24 hrs. Strain, cool, transfer to airtight storage containers, and chill or freeze.
Healthy Chicken Vegetable Soup
This is my version of the recipe in the book:
• 4 cups of Chicken Bone Broth (or you can do 2 cups Bone Broth and 2 cups of organic chicken broth or water… I found that the soup needs a bit more liquid after cooking for 6 hrs. You may, I did add 1 to 2 cups of liquid after it is done cooking depending on desire.
• 2 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 breasts)
• 5 stalks of celery
• 5 carrots chopped (I used baby carrots cut in half)
• 1 onion (I used red onion)
• 4 cloves of minced garlic ( I used organic minced garlic in a jar)
• 4 Thyme sprigs
• Sea Salt and pepper to taste
• Chopped Cilantro (recipe called for Parsley)
1. In a slow cooker, combine first 7 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 6 hours.
2. Using a fork. Shred chicken in the mixture. Stir in Cilantro and serve (I put in Cilantro about 30 min before it was done to let flavors infuse.
Beef and Vegetable Stew
This recipe is also adapted from my Leaky Gut Cookbook. I have switched out a few items due to my families personal taste. I will list both and you can decide what one you would like to use.
• 2 lbs cubed grass-fed beef stew meat
• 3 sweet potatoes, peeled mad cubed (I use mini gold potatoes because that is what I had but sweet potatoes would be good and less starch than regular potatoes)
• 4 carrots chopped
• 1 cup beef bone broth (I used chicken bone both and it was really yummy)
• 3 cloves garlic minced
• 2 tbls coconut oil
• 1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
• 1 sprig fresh thyme
• 1 sprig fresh rosemary
• Salt & Pepper
• I added a bundle of Swiss chard add in the last hour of cooking. This is totally optional.
1. In slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook until beef and vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 hours on high.
3. In the last hour you can add your Swiss chard.
Thanks so much for watching and supporting me here on Embellish Life, the lifestyle channel that covers everything from fashion, decor, beauty, hauls, DIY and so much more… You will never be bored hanging out here so please subscribe 🙂
Do you want to find my elsewhere?